Heart and Soul Student Award
Maine Campus Compact recognizes six undergraduate students who have been actively involved in turning their campuses and communities into places of democracy with the Heart and Soul Award. These students have raised their voices on issues of local and global importance through civic engagement efforts. Recipients have a wide variety of experiences in any of the following areas: service, service-learning, activism, or political involvement. They also demonstrate leadership through their successful involvement of others in their innovative approaches to social, educational, environmental, health, economic and/or legal issues facing their communities.
2019 Recipients: Please follow the hyperlink to view each picture of the recipient.
2018 Recipients: Please follow the hyperlink to view each picture of the recipient.
- Alexandra DesRuisseau — University of Maine at Presque Isle
- Ryan Herman — Bowdoin College
- Alicia Rabideau — Bates College
- Ahmed Sheikh — Bates College
- Amanda Smith — University of Maine at Machias
- Nhu Vo — Saint Joseph’s College
- Camden Bock — Bates College
- Catherine Dufault — University of Maine at Farmington
- Matthew Gee — Bates College
- Sarah Milkowski-Dahlgren — Maine College of Art
- Shannon Olson — Univwersity of Maine at Machias
- Katie Zema — University of Southern Maine
2015 Recipients: Mary Rose Becker, Saint Josephâ€™s College of Maine; Meaghan LaSala, University of Southern Maine; Heaven Riendeau, University of Maine Augusta at Bangor Campus; Richard Sawyer, Southern Maine Community College; David Silverman, Bowdoin College; Kaylee Wolfe, Bowdoin College.
2014 Recipients: Al French, University of Maine at Augusta; Destany Franklin, Bates College; Bryer Sousa, University of Maine; Kimberly Dao, University of Maine; Tonya Bailey-Curry, University of Southern Maine at Lewiston-Auburn; Michelle Wiener, Bowdoin College
2013 Recipients: Chloe Beaven, Maine College of Art; Madison Louis, Colby College; Alexandra Pastore, University of Maine; Darla Shenberger, Kaplan University; Kimberly Sullivan, Bates College; Sarah Therrien, University of Maine at Augusta