The next Fusion course will take place in Winter 2018. More details to be released soon!
Nationally nearly 30% of higher education students now take at least one course online, and 63% of higher education institutions say online learning is a critical part of their institution’s long term strategy. In a parallel development, faculty across the country have been adopting service-learning/ community engagement as a strategy in their face-to-face courses to improve engagement with the curriculum, the learning environment, and to educate students for citizenship in any discipline.
The Fusion Project’s 2 week (25 hour) online course teaches faculty how to effectively incorporate service-learning/community engagement into the online classroom. Our specialized trainers will support and train faculty in this rigorous academic pedagogy, and provide insider tips on creating a more engaged online course. After the 2 week training participants will have a completed blueprint of an infused service and online learning course.
Through this online service-learning course you will…
- enrich your curriculum
- learn a rigorous teaching method
- receive training on how to infuse this pedagogy into the online classroom
- strengthen student learning and 21st century skill development
- increase student retention and engagement
- provide hands-on, real-world experiences for students that make a difference!