The Maine Hunger Dialogue is a collaboration between Maine Campus Compact and The University of Maine’s Cooperative Extension. It’s main objective is about taking action to end hunger in the state of Maine. It is two days of high-energy discussions and activities that will inspire you to get involved in the fight against local and global hunger! The goal of the Dialogue is to challenge Maine higher education students and staff from all areas of study to use what you learn at the Dialogue to create a project that can be completed in one year. We need problem solvers of all sorts including writers, media makers, engineers, nutritionists, horticulturists and anyone else who believes it is time to get serious about fighting hunger! The Dialogue is in partnership with Universities Fighting World Hunger, an organization working to empower college students to take action on hunger on campuses across the country.
AT THE HUNGER DIALOGUE YOU WILL:
- Learn about hunger in Maine, the US, and around the world;
- Be inspired by incredible people who are working to create change;
- Participate in packaging 10,000 meals for hungry Mainers in 1 hour;
- Brainstorm and collaborate on possible actions;
- Be engaged in hunger solutions;
- Leave motivated to make a difference!